Data Protection and Privacy
Our data protection law team advises and represents Latvian and international clients in all matters related to personal data processing and protection. Our experienced data protection professionals will seamlessly integrate data protection into your day-to-day activities, regardless of your line of business. Our certified personal data protection officers will ensure compliance of your operations with requirements of General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and will provide you day-to-day advice on the ever developing interpretations of GDPR. We also represent clients in communication with the Latvian State Data Inspectorate, communication with data subjects and represent them in personal data processing disputes.
- Providing of personal data protection officer services to Latvian Public Utilities Commission, inter alia regular training to employees and drafting of certain personal data protection policies.
- Providing of personal data protection officer services to AS Seesam Insurance Latvia.
- Drafting of GDPR compliant set of personal data protection documentation and organizing of a training for management and employees of a major Latvian production company.
- Review and localization of personal data protection policies of a multi-national transportation company, drafting of practical guidelines for employees of Latvian and Lithuanian offices and organizing a training for the local management and employees.
- Providing of regular advice to Microsoft on cloud computing matters, transfers of personal data outside the EU/EEZ etc.
- Regular legal advice to a number of consumer crediting companies on GDPR compliance matters.
- Drafting of GDPR compliant set of personal data protection documentation and organizing of a training for management and employees of a number of major house management companies.
Personal data processing compliance review
Advice on necessary changes to internal rules and practices in line with GDPR requirements
Drafting of internal personal data processing policies
Training to management and employees on GDPR compliance matters and company’s respective internal policies
Drafting and review of personal data processing agreements, client agreements, employment agreements and other contractual arrangements by adding GDPR compliant privacy clauses
Drafting of responses to requests of data subjects
Localization of personal data protection documentation of foreign companies
Data transfers to countries outside EU/EEZ
Commercial notifications (E-privacy and E-marketing)
Representation in communications with state institutions
- Personal data dispute